- An authentic Turkish Coffee Cezve, or Ibrik as it is known in the West - Hammered copper, wooden handle. Tinned on the inside for household use.
- Bag of Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi Turkish Coffee (3.5 oz) - The top selling brand in Turkey.
- Solid Brass Coffee/Spice Grinder. - Hand made. Superior to any commercial coffee grinder for grinding Turkish coffee. 4" tall. Place beans individually through the aperture in the top.
- Two Ottoman style cups and saucers, beautifully decorated from the Kutahya porcelain region.
Instructions for use
Please see below for instructions on making a perfect cup of Turkish coffee.
Please note that we recommend the use of an Ibrik in making coffee.
1. For every cup of coffee you require, pour an equal amount of cold water into
a cold ibrik.
2. For every cup required, add two coffee spoons of our Turkish coffee.
3. Most people prefer Turkish coffee with sugar, although it can be drunk
without (sade). Add two coffee spoons of sugar to the ibrik for every cup
required to make a medium sweet brew. Adjust to suit your individual taste.
4. Mix the water, sugar and coffee in the ibrik ONCE* with the coffee spoon.
5. Place the ibrik onto the top of a stove and cook on the lowest possible
6. As the mixture begins to simmer, the surface of the mixture will begin to
foam up. As it appears, pour it (the foam, and only the foam) in equal measures
into each cup.
7. Continue the above instruction until all the mixture has gone (2 boils should
8. The coffee should be allowed to settle for a minute or two before drinking to
allow the sediments to settle.
9. Turkish coffee is traditionally accompanied with a glass of cold water.
*The importance of not stirring the mixture again cannot be overstated.
|Brand||The Turkish Emporium|